Friday 20 April 2012

Lush Lip Balms


I love lush and Lip balms, so surely a Lip balm made by lush should be heaven?


L-R: 'Snow Fairy', 'Celebrate', 'Chilli Tingle' and 'Whipstick'
Snow Fairy

Snow Fairy my second favourite lush sent (first being 'Honey I Washed The Kids') so I was really excited when I got this in a Christmas gift set, and let me tell you, it did not disappoint! Although at first I was slightly put off by the hot pink shade in the tin, once on the lips it’s the perfect, girly pink, bound to suit any hair colour or skin shade. 
The lip balm has become one of my favourites since I got it, and if ever I need a quick pick me up, or I'm not sure what colour lips I should wear then I reach for this. A must have for any gal out there!
Celebrate

I grabbed this in Lush on boxing day, when they marked all the Christmas items half price, this is not a colour I would ever pick out but I think the sale hype, and my need to snatch up anything before it all went, meant that I purchased this. 
I put this in the back of my draw and forgot about this until about 2 weeks ago, and even though I have only worn it once or twice in that time, there is no doubt that it is a beautiful, sparkly, champagne colour. This will be one that I reserve for nights out or special occasions, as for me its a bit to showy for everyday, but I won’t be forgetting about it any time soon.
 I also think that this would make a gorgeous highlighter, and something that I might try.
Chilli Tingle

As with 'Celebrate' I picked this up in the Boxing Day sale, and instantly regretted it. This is a bright, orange/red colour which (being honest) really does not suit me, and so is something which will rarely get a look in from me.
Orange lips are a huge trend this spring/summer so if you are looking for a orange lipstick then I would recommend this product for you, because - as with all things Lush - I cannot fault the quality. It heavily moisturises lips whilst providing a lot of colour, and staying power. Come on girls, be more daring than me and give this a try.
Whip Stick

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS! Lush were lovely enough to give this away for FREE to anyone who did their Easter egg hunt in store! There’s not really much to say about this product apart from its smells amazing (like chocolate) and it does a really good job of moisturising the lips.


Leave me a comment telling me if you’ve ever tried a lush lip balm? Or telling me what your favorite lip balm is? 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment